Welcome to ALIGARDENS, a website featuring Garden Design Projects by Alison Filosa
Gardener & Horticulturist
Hello! I am formally trained gardener and horticulturist available for hire in the New York City Metropolitan area. If you are in need of a green thumb for your garden project don't hesitate to contact me. When you fill out the contact form, please include as many details as possible about your design and/or maintenance project and I will reply with my availability and rates!
Planted, cultivated, hand watered and mulched plants and trees, pruned trees and shrubs; provided routine landscaping maintenance tasks including fall and spring cleanups.
Efficient at rooftop and container design and maintenance.
Brooklyn Botanical Garden, Brooklyn, NY
Horticulture Certificate/ 2013
Hunter College, New York, NY
Master’s Degree/ Urban Planning / 2008
Bachelor’s Degree / Studio Art / 2001
- Four years of experience working in gardening, ornamental horticulture and landscaping.
- Highly experienced in performing technical horticultural duties and garden maintenance services.
- Working knowledge of irrigation systems for gardening; mowers, trimmers and blowers.
- Other skills include plant and pest identification.
Public Garden Experience:
- Wave Hill
- The Highline
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- The New York Botanical Garden
- Queens Botanical Garden
**References available upon request.